Volunteer Roles & Descriptions
There are many ways to volunteer to help out the Clara Barton community. One way is directly in the classroom, and the other is through PTSA events and activities. You will find information for both types of volunteering on this page. Of course, you could always do both if you wish! Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Onwards!
Please note: All volunteers need to be approved through the Lake Washington School District volunteer program, approval is good for two years.
Volunteer with the PTSA!
Review the list of open PTSA leadership roles for the school year and their descriptions below to see if there's a fit for your time and skills.
We are actively searching for the positions below, more details can be found lower on the website.
- Corporate Partners Chair
- Book Fair Chair
- DEI Chair
- Family Events Chairs (various)
- Financial Review Committee Chair and Members
- Fun Run Chair
- Legislative Chair
- Merchant Affiliate Chair
- Pacific Science Center Van Chair
- Pantry Pack Chair
- Reflections Chair
- Room Parent Chair
- Special Needs Chair
- Spirit Wear Chair
- Staff Appreciation Chair
- Sustainability Chair
Volunteer in the Classroom: 2022-2023
Clara Barton PTSA will be following all LWSD requirements for volunteering on the school premises.
Here's where you can lend a helping hand as one of our awesome volunteers:
- Art Docent: The Art Docent program will continue as it has in the past. Lesson plans, materials, and a virtual or in-person training session will be provided. This is a great way to get to know your student's teacher and classmates. Students love art docent volunteers! No previous art training/experience is required.
- Room Parent: Room Parents will work together to plan Fall, Valentine, and End of Year Celebrations for a class. The Fall celebration this year, for example, will be an all-school Fall Festival during the school day.
- Teacher Production Assistant: Due to new Math/Science curriculum, teachers have requested extra help preparing classroom materials. Volunteers will work in the school office, other school work areas, or at home. Help support our teachers by providing essential behind-the-scenes support!
- Field Trip Chaperone: Attend a field trip with the class to act as chaperone and/or serve as a driver (other conditions may apply)
- Guest Speaker: Share your expertise with the classroom, this could include something cultural, technology related, or anything else discussed with your teacher host.
You will find a complete list of all our positions and more details on open positions below. We look forward to working with you!
If anything looks of interest, please reach out to the the VP of the section for the role you're interested in filling.