Volunteer Roles & Descriptions
Review the list of open PTSA leadership roles for the 2021-22 school year and their descriptions below to see if there's a fit for your time and skills.
- Legislative Chair
- Special Needs Chair
- Sustainability Chair
- Newsletter Editor
- Office 365 Admin
- Pacific Science Center Van Chair
- Spelling Bee Chair
- Bobcat Fund Chair
- Corporate Partners Chair
- Fun Run Co-chair
- Merchant Affiliate Chair
- School Pool Chair
- Yearbook Chair
- Book Fair Chair
- Vision & Hearing Screening Chair
- Family Events Chairs (Various)
- Financial Review Committee Chair & Members
Volunteering during COVID-19 Restrictions
Per LWSD requirements, all Volunteers entering the school must wear a mask and be fully vaccinated by October 18, 2021.
Here's what else is new about volunteering for a classroom this school year:
- Art Docent: The Art Docent program will continue as it has in the past with a few adaptations, such as limiting the number of adults in the classroom and varying the lesson locations (Commons, STEAM Lab). Lesson plans, materials, and a virtual training session will be provided. This is a great way to get to know your student's teacher and classmates. Students love art docent volunteers! No art training/experience is required.
- Room Parent: Room Parents will work together to plan Fall, Valentine, and End of Year Celebrations for a class. The Fall celebration this year, for example, will be an all-school Fall Festival during the school day.
- Teacher Production Assistant: Due to new Math/Science curriculum, teachers have requested extra help preparing classroom materials. Volunteers will not be permitted to enter classrooms but will work in the school office, other school work areas, or at home. Help support our teachers by providing essential behind-the-scenes support!
Ready to sign up?