Enrichment Class Policies & Procedures 2020-21
Registration for each session will open weeks prior to the start of the session.
Registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis. If a class receives more enrollments than there is space available, a wait-list will be established. Wait-lists are filled on a first-come-first-served basis. Open enrollment will end the Friday before classes begin when maximum enrollment is reached unless otherwise specified on the registration page. Enrollment will be through the PTSA website, with potential exceptions depending on the vendor.
PTSA Member: Virtual Chaperones
Every after-school class is required by our insurance to have one Clara Barton PTSA member that is a LWSD approved volunteer. The chaperone does not need to be a child's parent but must be over the age of 18. If a chaperone is unavailable for a class, the class may be canceled.
Every student enrolling must be able to provide one chaperone per class session for which they register. Chaperone responsibilities include:
- Being in the meeting 5 minutes prior to the meeting start
- Taking attendance and reporting attendance
- Providing constructive feedback to the VP of Enrichment
Free Tuition Available
Free tuition is available for one student per class session that is willing to provide a PTSA member chaperone for each class period of the session. If you are interested in this position please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Chaperones will be selected on a first come first serve basis. Each family selected will also need to provide two additional qualifying chaperone names that can take their place if the main chaperone can't attend for various reasons.
Families that are selected as the designated chaperone will register through the regular registration process, including paying tuition. When the family completes their obligation of chaperoning each class period the price of the class will be refunded to them.
Financial need-based scholarships may be available upon request. Please contact the school counselor Blair Lovatt as soon as registration opens.
It is the responsibility of the student to show positive behavior throughout each class.
- Students will be expected to meet in the virtual foyer 5 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Parents need to ensure all meeting preparation is done in advance to avoid delays
- All students will be held to the same behavior standards that apply during the school day, as written in the School & District Handbooks.
- Instructors will contact parents if behavior concerns arise.
- In the event that a behavior issue cannot be satisfactorily resolved, the parent/guardian may be required to withdraw their student from an after-school enrichment class, without a refund.
Refunds are based on when the cancellation is received. Cancellations received:
2 days or less after the last day of registration will receive a full refund.
3 days or more after the last day of registration, refunds are done at the discretion of the vendor at the vendor's rate.
There are no refunds for missed classes.
A program may be cancelled due to lack of enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. In this case, a full refund will be granted to all participants.