Sangeetha was selected for her time and effort in chairing CBE’s Spelling Bee, along with being a Room Parent and Art Docent. This fall she launched the Passport Club. In addition, she is a LWSD Gifted Education Advisory Council (GEAC) Board Member. She has a 2nd grade student at CBE and in her spare time she enjoys playing tennis. We thank Sangeetha for her time and dedication to the students at CBE!
We love to recognize volunteers and celebrate the difference they make in the lives of Clara Barton students and staff. Do you know a volunteer that deserves recognition for their contribution? Click here and fill out our online nomination form.
Sponsored by the Clara Barton PTSA in partnership with LWPTSA, join us Thursday, October 8 from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. for this parent education webinar followed by the PTSA General Membership Meeting.
Certified Parent Coach® Christy Keating will share her tips on raising well-adjusted kids, thoughts on when it’s okay to let your kids fail, and how to help them succeed by finding creative solutions to the challenges they face—whether that be at home, at school, or in life. Christy offers powerful insights, compassionate understanding, and specific tools and strategies to help parents guide their children to success.
Following the parent education class will be the PTSA General Membership Meeting where you can hear from PTSA and school leadership, and with an active membership, vote on PTSA business. We have an open board member position for VP of Volunteers and will be accepting nominations from the floor.
To receive a Zoom Meeting passcode ID, register here.
Clara Barton PTSA is excited to bring Passport Club, a geography enrichment program, FREE to students and families. The new virtual program helps students learn the locations and pronunciations of the world’s countries. From there, students build an understanding of what goes on within the almost two hundred independent nations on our globe.
Registration is NOW open to all students in grades 1-5.
Learn more and register here.
Contact Sangeetha at email@example.com.
You shared feedback and we listened! As we are all getting a little more comfortable with the remote learning process, you asked to extend Fall Enrichment classes registration deadline. Done!
Also, back by popular demand is Clara Barton Chess Club, Minecraft Coding, and an extra Roblox class after the Roblox Coding class success. Check out class descriptions and register today!
Stay informed and stay connected through the PTSA. We need you! Join or renew your Clara Barton Elementary PTSA membership today for the 2020-2021 school year, and support PTSA programs with resources and opportunities for every child. Individual, dual and staff memberships are offered as well as membership scholarships. Join/renew here.
Does your student have an interest in literature, music, photography, art, video or dance? Here’s an opportunity for recognition that starts at Clara Barton and progresses to district, state, and national levels. Reflections is a National PTA arts recognition program that helps students explore their own thoughts, feelings, and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence, and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life. Students create original works of art and write a brief artist statement in response to the 2020-20201 theme, “I Matter Because…” Watch for student entry packets with updated rules and entry forms in October. More information is available here. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Meals – LWSD offers free meals daily to children ages 1-18. Meals must be pre-ordered and can be picked up at locations including Redmond Middle School and Avondale Park Transitional Housing/The Colony at Bear Creek. Details and pre-order here.
Childcare Resources – LWSD has worked with partners to provide emergency or critical support at Clara Barton for families that cannot otherwise be with their children during the day due to work responsibilities outside of the home.
Continue our Bobcat Day tradition during remote learning! Show school spirit every Monday during Teams Meetings by wearing our school colors with pride. Looking to gear up? Clara Barton Elementary PTSA offers spirit wear face masks, blankets, caps, tees, jackets, hoodies, and other merchandise for the entire family. Proceeds from your purchase go directly to our PTSA. Orders ship to your home. Order today! Questions about orders? Email Jason Diaz with Stitch Print Plus, and for general questions contact Cathey Hettinger, PTSA Spirit Wear Chairperson. Order spirit wear here.
With registration expected to close late this weekend, Sunday, September 20th, we don’t want you to miss the following activities. You can learn more here: https://clarabartonptsa.org/enrichment-program-2020-21-fall-session.
Grade 3 to Grade 5
- Culinary World Tour (Grades 3-5) – Thursdays 4pm-5:15pm – 11 classes
Get ready, food adventurers! Young chefs will join chef Erica Weisman in a fun and flavorful exploration that takes them across the globe, from France to Vietnam, India to the Pacific Islands and beyond. In each class kids will visit a different culinary locale, learning to prepare unique dishes and developing their chef life skills with a variety of cooking techniques along the way. Every week, they will create a new, exciting dish for dinner (see Seattle Mag post here)
- Culinary World Tour (Grades 3-5) – Thursdays 4pm-5:15pm – 11 classes
- CervantesKids (Grades 3-5) – Tuesdays 4pm – 5pm – 10 classes Spanish immersion and enrichment program. Students will learn and practice their Spanish speaking skills through guided recreational play, speaking and listening activities, arts and crafts, and storytelling. Activities will be conducted in Spanish and will be planned to correspond with school themes and holidays. The objective of the program is to give your child the opportunity to learn and improve his/her proficiency in the language while exposing him/her to Spanish and Latin art, culture and geography.
- Scratch (Grades 3-5) – Thursdays 4pm – 5pm (10 classes) Start your coding journey by creating your own games! Kids will learn the core concepts of computer programming that will lay the foundations for future coding success. Projects, such as chasing games, mazes, and animated stories, will allow learners to use their creativity while learning coding concepts like loops and variables. Students will have access to their own Scratch account that will allow them to continue working on their coding journey at home.
- Little Coders (Grades K-2) – Wednesdays 2:30pm – 3:30pm (12 classes) Our Little Coders class is an opportunity for young children to develop their computational thinking skills, build their first programs, and have fun with new friends! The curriculum is designed for early readers and takes into account cognitive abilities as well as the attention span typical for ages 5-7. After the class, students will be able to share their projects with family and friends and continue programming at home with their Coding with Kids Scratch account. Animations Students will learn how to make animations in Scratch using basic coding skills! Students will focus on the arts and animations side of game development. Through various projects, students will learn how to create their own characters, animate them, and tell their story through art, creativity, and basic coding skills!
- Speak Easy Level 1 (Grades 1-3) – Mondays 4pm – 5pm (8 classes) This class is all about inspiring kids to do great things! And the best part is that it is fun, too! The class will culminate with an interactive presentation for family and friends. Through interactive games and fun activities you will learn how to:
- Stand out in a crowd using specific tips for success.
- Craft your message.
- Improvise -sometimes acting goofy is the best way to overcome fears!
- Team build and lead others
- Aspiring Authors (Grades 2-5) – Tuesdays 4pm – 5pm (8 classes) Does your child love creative writing and storytelling? Or love to draw and illustrate? Have your child join us at our publishing company where each student will be an author, editor, and artist “hired” by the publishing company to create their masterpieces. As a company, we will assemble and bind the books creating professional results.* Students will learn how to use the elements of story building to captivate their readers and enhance their illustrations to make their words come alive. Their books will be a treasure to cherish. In a final activity, parents and friends are encouraged to join us to “Celebrate the Authors”.
- Zumba Kids and Zumba Kids Jr. – Mondays 4pm – 5pm (junior) and Mondays 5pm-6pm (10 classes) Zumba® Kids classes feature kid-friendly routines based on original Zumba® choreography. We break down the steps, add games, activities and cultural exploration elements into the class structure. Perfect for kids in grades 2-5. Kids will get the chance to be active and jam out to their favorite music.The class incorporates respect, confidence, self-esteem, creativity, coordination and cultural awareness.
- Smart with Art – Wednesdays 3pm-4pm (6 classes) Join us for a fun filled 6-week session online as we explore art from a variety of different periods in time. Students will learn about primary colors and collage while looking at the art of Mondrian.Discover Keith Haring and James Rizzi – two amazing NYC artists! We will develop new skills as we explore a variety of materials in each lesson. Each week a new artist will be introduced. Our online learning is engaging and interactive! Let’s create together! Supplies will be provided (either mailed in or delivered to students). While this will be a 6 class session, a new off-calendar session will return in November with a new theme.
- STEM FUNdamentals with LEGO – Fridays 4pm-5pm (8 classes) Ready to take your LEGO® building at home to the next level? Then join Play-Well TEKnologies for virtual LEGO Engineering class this Fall at Clara Barton! Every participant will receive a kit of specialized LEGO materials, and students will develop their creativity and problem-solving skills through a variety of hands-on LEGO projects. Hope to see you there!
Registration is expected to close on Sunday, September 20. Learn more here: https://clarabartonptsa.org/enrichment-program-2020-21-fall-session. To be waitlisted, please reach out to email@example.com