The WSPTA Essay Contest objective is to help celebrate the people that are most important in influencing the lives of children around the state of Washington, the objective of this contest is for students of all ages and abilities to write an essay about an influential role model that has had a profound impact on their life. The Essay Contest deadline is March 1. Guidelines and the application form are available here.
WSPTA will be asking members to take action from home or your phone throughout an entire Advocacy Week. To participate, subscribe to the WSPTA Action Network to stay informed.
- Monday, January 18 – Call to Action: Focus on anti-racism
- Tuesday, January 19 – Call to Action: Focus on equity
- Wednesday, January 20 – Call to Action: Focus on mental health and wellness
- Thursday, January 21 – Call to Action: Focus on preserving and flexing funding
- Friday, January 22 – Call to Action: Focus on safety and emergency preparedness
The WSPTA Essay Contest is open to all students in K-12 across the state and includes divisions for Kindergarten, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-5, and Special Authors. To enter, students write an essay about an influential role model that has had a profound impact on their life. The influential role model must be a real person that the student has interacted with, not a fictional character. These essays, from the students’ perspectives, will serve to inspire and acknowledge amazing individuals. The application deadline is March 1, 2021. Find guidelines, application forms and more here.