New ideas that support the Clara Barton Elementary PTSA mission, enhance curriculum and foster a dynamic learning environment spark Bobcat Grants.
The best Bobcat Grant ideas have a school-wide impact that may be realized over time, such as grade-level equipment to be used for multiple years. Clara Barton PTSA Members, including individual teachers, groups of teachers/staff, and members of the Clara Barton Community may apply.
A Grant is intiated by completing the online grant form for a project, program, or items to be paid from PTSA funds. If a Bobcat Grant proposal exceeds approved budget, please still apply. Application deadlines for the 2020 - 2021 school year are October 15 and February 8.
Grants are reviewed by the PTSA Grant Committee and approved by the Board with the following funding criteria and principles: A Bobcat Grant...
- Benefits the largest possible number of students.
- Funds projects, equipment or supplies not traditionally funded or no longer funded by LWSD.
- Is neither a promise nor a guarantee of future funding for any program. If a Bobcat Grant is approved and extends beyond the current school year, a request for the future year funds will need to be made.
- Applicant has explored other sources of funding, including councils, departments, LWSD, other associations, fundraiser donations, etc.
- Should have a project plan for proper adult supervision, if applicable.
Purchase is property of Clara Barton Elementary and should remain with school/classroom.
- Will not serve to reimburse anyone for a purchase that is already made.
Cannot fund salaries.
- Application includes at least 1 bid/cost estimate, when applicable. If awarded, additional bids may be requested.
Bobcat Grants have been to purchase 30 Kala Soprano Ukuleles and sports equipment.