Clara Barton PTSA Awards announced
Clara Barton Elementary PTSA appreciates the Educators, Parents, Volunteers, and Students from our community, that during an extraordinary school year, used their powerful voice, provided relevant resources, and were strong advocates for the well-being and education of all children. We’d like to recognize those who have helped find unique ways to enrich student lives and also celebrate our students’ perseverance and grit.
Cami Miller, PTSA VP of Events/Awards Committee Member
Bobcat Legacy Award
PTSA recognizes these volunteers for their legacy of exceptional service while at Clara Barton Elementary. They will be missed!
- Lisa Brand, School Pool Chair, Room Parent
- Mark Cunningham, School Event DJ
- Kifah & Osama Hamdan, First Day Coffee Chairs, Room Parent, Family Events Volunteer
- Cathey Hettinger, Spirit Wear Chair, Staff Appreciation Events, 5th-Grade Graduation Committee
- Sonoko Kambara, International Night Co-Chair, Room Parent
- Sujeet Kharkar, Reflections Chair
- Neelam Ladhani, Math Challenge Co-Chair, Art Docent, Room Parent, International Night Co-Chair
- Jay Lippe, Founding PTSA Member, PTSA Board Member, Fundraising VP, Events VP, Spirit Wear Chair, Room Parent, Art Docent, Family Events Volunteer, Math Night Co-Chair
- Joyce Leon, Special Education Co-Chair, STEAM Night Co-Chair
- Olga Marochko, Family Events Volunteer, School Pool Volunteer, Art Docent, Room Parent
- Zhanlu Wang, Math Competition Chair
- Nomita Yadav, PTSA Board Member, VP of Extended Curriculum, Vision & Hearing Screening Chair, Room Parent, Art Docent, Pacific Science Center Van Chair, Math Night Co-Chair
Bronze Bobcat Awards
The Bronze Bobcat Volunteer Award recognizes exemplary volunteers for their time and dedication serving Clara Barton Elementary students, educators, and the community.
- Romina Coronel, Yearbook Co-Chair, Room Parent, Translator
- Taunya Covington, PTSA Board Member, Communications VP, Newsletter Chair, Co-Webmaster, Lake Washington Schools Foundation Ambassador
- Amber Dattoli, Founding PTSA Member, PTSA Board Member, Volunteers VP, Egg Drop Chair, Art Docent, Room Parent, Family Events Volunteer, Special Needs Co-Chair
- Sangeetha Jagadeesan, Passport Club Chair, Spelling Bee Chair, Room Parent
- Renu Kushwaha, PTSA Board Member, Volunteers VP
- Jaya Nigam, Spelling Bee Chair, Tears & Cheers Event Chair, Room Parent, Vision & Hearing Screening Volunteer
- Jenn Nitta, Reader Board Chair, Nature Vision Chair, Classroom Volunteer, School Events Volunteer
- Virginia Rameriz, LWSD Advocate/Interpreter for Latino Community
- Myla Rugge, Pantry Packs Coordinator, Family Events Volunteer, Classroom Volunteer
- Poornima Shankar, Math Challenge Co-Chair, Art Docent Co-Chair, Art Docent
- Xin Sun, PTSA Board Member, Treasurer
- Ashwini Suresh, Spelling Bee Co-Chair, Room Parent, Vision & Hearing Screening Volunteer
- Xue Tian, PTSA Board Member, Treasurer, Room Parent, Art Docent, Family Events volunteer, Vision & Hearing Screening Volunteer
The Bronze Bobcat Educator Award recognizes exemplary educators for their contributions in the classroom and beyond. These individuals were nominated by peers and members of the Clara Barton community.
- Libby Bruner, Kindergarten
- Louisa Case, Instructional Assistant, Lunchroom Cashier
- Claire Garrels, Learning Center teacher
- Ismael Palongyas, Learning Center
- Haley Redmon, 2nd/4th-Grade
Brianna Seay, 1st-Grade
- Amy Waldroup, Librarian
WSPTA Outstanding Educator Award
The WSPTA Outstanding Educator Award is presented to an individual who has exhibited continued and dedicated contributions and efforts to enhance the educational outcomes of all children. Associate Principal Marianne Williams has shined bright this school year working tirelessly as our school’s COVID-19 Supervisor. She ensures our building is a safe place for in-person learning, while continuing to support students learning remotely. Her passion for building strong relationships shows as she serves as a resource for all school staff. Her commitment to student success is manifest daily, and she partners with community resources to ensure families have the support they need. Working with the school’s Social Emotional Learning Team, she helps create equity-based responses to student needs. Her cheerful patience and dedication to keep our students safe and supported has been invaluable this year. Congratulations, Mrs. Williams!
WSPTA Golden Acorn Award
The WSPTA Golden Acorn Award is a prestigious Washington State PTA award given out by local PTAs/PTSAs for exemplary and outstanding volunteerism and service to PTA. Congratulations, Nomita Yadav! She will be missed at Clara Barton as her student moves on to middle school. While serving as a PTSA Board Member, Nomita has overseen programs that enhance student education including Art Docent, Spelling Bee, and Math Challenge. She helped bring to our school the theater program, Vision & Hearing Screenings and The Pacific Science Center Van. She enjoyed volunteering as an Art Docent and with class events. She secured donations from businesses to celebrate student perseverance and grit during this unusual year. Her passion for contributing to our school community is contagious and she motivates and inspires others around her to become involved.